Finally, Google Alerts came through for me and this morning I read a notice from them about my name appearing in a recent post from one of the bloggers I follow. Read about my conundrum in my last post. Thank you, Wendy at Searchingforthehappiness, for nominating me for the Seven Things About Me award, and please, everyone, check out her blog–it’s awesomeness on a page!
According to the rules I have to thank the blogger who nominated me (see above paragraph), then list seven things that readers may not already know about me, and then nominate seven other bloggers for the award.
So here goes with my list of seven:
- I love licorice ice cream–the kind that looks like wet cement, but am unable to find it offered any more, and I’ve looked for it. If anyone out there knows where I could possibly get my hands on a cone of this heavenly delight, please let me know and I will be eternally grateful.
- I love coffee as a drink, but hate coffee ice cream, coffee-flavored chocolates or candies and anything else coffee-ish except for ‘coffee cake’.
- I am addicted to club soda as a refreshing drink on a hot summer day, or on a cool fall day, or during a snow-stormy day in the middle of winter, or on a wet spring day when the rain is dripping off the new leaves on the maple trees in my yard.
- I have not watched a television show since early May of this year, and am seriously considering canceling my satellite service completely. Am I crazy?
- I am a five-foot three-inch person in a family of tall people. How did that happen? However, what I lack in height I make up for in weight!
- I have eclectic musical tastes–love Eric Clapton, Leonard Cohen, Willy Nelson,
The Band, Queen, the musical score from Phantom of the Opera, Four Non-Blonds, Johnny Cash, The Rankins, Great Big Sea, Stan Rogers, Vonda Sheppard, Ian Tyson, CCR, and of course, the Beatles, to name just a few of my favorites. I also like a lot of singers/bands that my kids listen to and that I can’t remember the names of off the top of my head. Plus, I love Hugh Laurie (as a pianist and singer, silly–not just love him as in LOVE him, although if given a date or two with him I’m sure that could become a possibility. Big sigh.).
- I’m heading to Los Angeles in October to attend a three-day writing convention hosted by Writer’s Digest, and if for some reason the hotel loses my room reservation and I need to find a place to stay, I think I’ll call Hugh Laurie and see if he is in town and would he have a spare room that’s not being used that weekend. If that does happen then I’ll be sure to post an update to my # 6 statement above. Big, big sigh.
There, that’s enough about me for now. All in all, I’m quite a boring individual so it’s difficult to find new things to write about me. But I have no trouble nominating seven other worthy bloggers for this award, so here they are, in no particular order.
Apparently my taste in blogs is as eclectic as my taste in music, but that’s okay. There are so many great bloggers out there that it was difficult to choose just seven for this award, but rest assured, all you need to do is surf a little bit and you’ll have no trouble at all finding blogs that spark your interest, no matter what your tastes are.
So go ahead, browse the above blogs and maybe even follow a few of their links to find more great sites, but don’t forget to come back here and visit me again soon. I miss you when you’re gone too long.
Don’t be a stranger!