I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Mark (aka the “Idiot”) at The Idiot Speaketh, for nominating me for another blog award–the Keative Blogger Award. According to the rules of the award I now need to share 10 facts about myself on my blog and then nominate 10 other deserving bloggers for the award.
By the way, be sure to check out Mark’s blog–it is one of the funniest ones I’ve come across in the blog-o-sphere and apparently I’m not the only person who thinks this–Mark is due to hit the 2 MILLION views milestone on his blog today! Wouldn’t it be nice to be one of the readers who celebrate this with him? I think so.
Idiot is also pedaling his way across America via his stationary bike–he updates readers on his virtual progress and even though he is still recovering from recent foot surgery he is back on his bike. The last update on the trip from Idiot a few days ago gave us these facts:
***** 2012 Crawling my way back to the Pacific Bike Tour **********
Miles this year: 166
Days on Bike: 8
Avg miles per day: 20.7
Current Location: The Idiot is now pedaling near Benton, Arkansas.
Note: Idiot lives in Texas.
Okay–enough about someone else–now it’s my turn.
Ten random facts about me:
- When I was a little girl I couldn’t pronounce any ‘r’ in a word–thus everyone thought that I was a ‘Yankee’. I said things like, “Let’s go in the caa.” “Is it faa to go?” and “I want to wide my bike.” I eventually learned how to pronounce all the letters of the alphabet and haven’t stopped talking since.
- I have had a ‘cold’ since Jan 4–is that even possible?
- I spend way too much of my time on the computer. Wait a minute–is that even possible?
- I really want to be a published writer when I grow up (what I really mean by published is famous).
- My childhood dream was to become a missionary, or a psychologist, or a comedienne. The only profession I figure it isn’t too late for me to try is the comedienne one…after all, look at what Betty White can still do at age 90!
- I don’t like wearing winter boots or even closed-in shoes. (I may have already shared that fact about me but it’s worth repeating!)
- I have had several abdominal surgeries and the last time my doctor examined my middle section he commented that my scars look like tattoos of Chinese symbols. (He obviously is not known for his bedside manners.)
- I am too scared to ever get a real tattoo, even though my son has one and my daughter has one–I figured I did my part by having my son and my daughter.
- It dawned on me a few years ago that I am not actually overweight–I am simply not as tall as I should be.
- I cannot cook a lobster–put it alive into a pot of boiling water with just enough salt added to make the lobster meat tasty–but I have no problem with eating a lobster that someone else has cooked. Does that make me a bad person?
Okay–that’s it about me. Now to name 10 other bloggers/blog sites that deserve the Kreative Blogger Award:
- My sister-in-law, Faye Hicks, at Faye Hicks’ Blog
- A new blog about Fine Art by my sister, artist Sharon Hicks, at Sharon Hicks Fine Art
- Jamie Lyn’s blog site, Crafty Happy Scrappy, is full of great craft ideas!
- Morristownmemos by Ronnie Hammer. Ronnie commented on my blog when I was awarded the Awesome Blog Content Award and said she was available if I was looking for more worthwhile sites and bloggers to award, so of course, how can I not pass this new award on to her? Wouldn’t be right, and I do like her blog, so Ronnie, you’re on my list!
- Maureen, another Canadian blogger, at Old Girl New Tricks
- Linda O’Connell at Write From The Heart
- Tess at Let’s Cut the Crap
- Mo at Day By Day With the Addison Girl
- Lisa at Cheaper Than Therapy
- William Kelly, another person trying to learn to play the ukulele at Existence At Its Best
So there you have it, folks–my list of 10 blogs for you to check out. And be sure to go to Idiot’s Blog, too–and tell him that Sylvia says ‘hi, eh?‘ He’ll know what you mean.