Two important housekeeping items I want to do today. First I want to thank wordpress.com for choosing my blog post “I Have Met the Enemy and She Is…Mosquito” for featuring on their Freshly Pressed site on Friday June 10. The Freshly Pressed page said it was featuring: The best of 377,263 bloggers,445,352 new posts, 388,846comments, & 94,594,533 words posted today on WordPress.com.
This wonderful recognition brought over 10,000 readers to my blog over the three-day period of Friday-Sunday. I am honoured and amazed and really loved the comments that readers left for me. Check them out when you have a chance.
I also want to give a huge “Thank You” to Ginger Couturier http://gingercouturier.wordpress.com for honouring me with the “Versatile Blogger Award“. From what I can gather this award floats around ‘blogger-ville’ , passing from one deserving blogger to another…I guess kind of like a cold virus, but without the cough.
Before I so graciously accepted this award, I decided to check into the rules; I didn’t want to find out too late that I would be expected to run, naked, around my town or wear a tinfoil hat to my next grocery shopping excursion. But I am happy to report that the rules are few, and are relatively easy ones with which to comply. Simply stated, they are:
So far I’ve contacted the award giver, Ginger, to let her know that I accept this award, and now I’m mentioning her name in my blog and formally thanking her for the nomination. Next I have to tell 7 random facts about me, so here goes:
- I am not fat; I simply am not tall enough for my weight; if I was six feet tall I would be a perfect weight. I’ve been trying to change my height, but apparently it’s difficult if not impossible to grow upwards at my age, so it seems I’ll have to finally try to adjust my weight to the height I’ve been given. It’s not easy.
- I LOVE licorice–especially the real licorice cigars and pipes, but they give me the need to spend A LOT of time in my bathroom, so I don’t indulge in eating these treats very often. The next time I’m scheduled for a colonoscopy, though…
- I married my childhood sweetheart and remained happily married to him until his death 18 months ago. I am trying to find my way in this world without him by my side, but I will never stop loving him.
- I want to be a writer when I grow up.
- I love playing online Scrabble and Bejeweled and play these games in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep.
- I don’t sleep much at night.
- I have a silly and rather warped sense of humor and am very lucky to have family and friends that put up with and dare I say even encourage it from time to time.
- First 50 Words
- Grits and Purls
- Nouveau Stitch
- Write From The Heart
- Diane Estrella That’s What I’m Here For
- Quintessentially Quilly